Saturday, November 20, 2010

Button love...

Do you ever see something that causes you to say..."I can make that!"  Something that brings back memories of someone you loved?  Well when I saw this wreath I knew I had to make it.  It so reminded me of my Grandma Seng.   You see before my Grandma died she gave me some of her buttons.  Is there anything truly special about these buttons?  To me there is... you see my grandma was a "saver!"  Many of these buttons came off of clothing destined for the rag bin and who knows the origin of the others.  Mixed in with Grandma's button is my own collection of buttons.  Buttons cut off clothing, buttons found at yard sales, and buttons rattling around the bottom of boxes from auctions.  Is my wreath complete?  No, I didn't have enough buttons. ha ha!  But once it is you will be some of the first to see it.  Until then here is my inspiration!

Photo courtesy of Ballard Designs:

(I don't know what is going on but I can't add my link.... any suggestions?)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for this idea! I might have to copy it! I have a bunch of buttons from my Grandma too....this is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete