Umm do you smell that? Fresh baked pizza rolls! With the wind blowing and the temps being lower it seemed like the time to do some baking. Plus fruit leather has been dried as well. (the fruit leather is all gone now...)
Christmas presents have been started... Homemade vanilla (aged 10 monthes), crotcheted wash clothes, lovely lavender filled sachets and soaps. I'm hoping to make some homemade noodles and pasta sauce as well. I think the local folks will get some homemade ravioli... Wow, maybe I should start making it up to have on hand for us! I know Evan loves it and our favorite "Italian" restaurant has quit carrying it.
My mother and stepdad are coming for a visit next week so we are working feverishly getting projects done. I just realized how horrible I've been at putting up posts. The months prior to the move and then the following 6 monthes were rather difficult on me. My family adjusted wonderfully but I spent much of my time overwhelmed (henceforth the many unfinished projects)! Well with the support of my family, prayers of friends, and generally coming to acceptance of our schedule things are settling down. If our schedule less hectic? No! But I am learning to manage my time better and break each project down into smaller components. Plus our handy dandy crockpot is getting a workout!! How could I have forgotten what a life saver it is! Here is a brief list of our goals/accomplishments for this week and next:
- paint laundry
- hang shelves in laundry
- paint bins and crates for laundry
- figure out how to hide utilities in laundry
- hang new light fixture in laundry (need to buy it 1st)
- spray paint accessories for boys' room
- clear clutter out of boys' room
- fix "loft" bed in boys' room.
- hang memo boards in boys' room
- hang art in boys' room
- prepare meals to have on hand when mom and dad are here
- bake up cookies, handpies, and "poptarts" to have on hand.
- make lasagne (one for sunday, one for freezer)