Monday, November 22, 2010

Button love.... completed

Remember the gorgeous wreath from Ballard design?  (OK so my new Macbook Pro and I  are just getting acquainted and I can't seem to figure out some things consistently...so no picture, sorry!)


And here is my Ballard design inspired button wreath!  Oh how I love this wreath!!  Not only is it going to be a Christmas decoration but it will reside in our bedroom the remainder of the year.  It will be a constant reminder of my grandma and my mom!  Two ladies whom I love dearly!  Mom, I sure wish we lived closer.

 but wait let me show you how it started!


My husband absolutely loves this wreath as well!  Yeah score a BIG one for thrifty inspirations!!!

Now the next big project is to make an "antique" mirror out of an old picture frame and "mirror" spray paint... I'll let you know how it turns out!

This week I am linking up to these wonderful link "parties" I hope you will stop by....







Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


 Photobucket

UndertheTableandDreaming

Catch As Catch Can





14 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I just pulled the page out of Dec.Country Living that features the Ballard button wreath! So pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that wreath as soon as I saw it!
    and I love yours! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely lovely lovely...I was inspired to use buttons this week in remembrance of my mom who just passed this month as well! Warm Winter Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy - I love it! And I love that tehy're "heritage" buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with this wreath! But I USE my white buttons, so I'm going to seriously begin collecting more in earnest for this gorgeous project. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this in a magazine today! I love it!

    Where did you get all your buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie,
    I have been saving buttons off and on for years. Whenever I see bags of buttons at thrift shops/ tag/garage/yard sales I pick them up. Check out your local freecycle or craigslist, you never know what you might find! I also clip all the buttons off of garments that are too stained or worn before turning them into rags. Hope this helps you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lOve this! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love all the white! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful wreath. A great use of the buttons and a reminder of your Mom and Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Wow what a cute idea, I bet it took forever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have the patience for this. But, it turned out great!
    Thanks for linking up and linking back to me.
    have a great weekend,
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need more directions! Any chance you can share some instructions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really quite simple. I took an old straw wreath and wrapped it in a long piece of white scrap fabric which was secured in place with hot glue. Once secured I simply used hot glue to apply white buttons. Have fun!!!

      Delete