Monday, June 21, 2010

My "Baby" is almost all grown-up....

I guess I ought to say my firstborn is almost all grown up!  I've watched as this young man


has grown into this young man.



This young man who is diligent in his work, at times mature beyond his years, introverted, a helper at home, and excels at school passed a milestone in his life on Friday...

He got his DRIVER's LICENSE!! 
Passed the written test on Wednesday with a 100 and then passed the driver's exam on Friday.
(All we have to do is add him to our insurance today!)

My little boy is becoming a man... and I am not sure how much I like it.
Yet at the same time I am so excited for him. 
I know he will graduate in two years and then be off to college
or the Marine Corps
or BOTH.

My prayer is that he will continue to grow in the Lord.
That he will draw nearer to his Lord and Saviour as he matures and starts to make more of his own life's decisions.

I just thank the Lord for the years he has given us so far and for the years to come!!!
















2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your "man"!
    Thanks so much for visiting me - you are so sweet! Too bad we don't live closer so we could go out to lunch....

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so sweet! You should be very proud!!!

    ReplyDelete